Friday, October 22, 2010

Food and Travel

Over the past few years, I have discovered that when I travel, my favorite pictures are usually the ones I took of food.  Yes, I am that strange person that takes out a camera, even in the middle of a fancy restaurant...  In 2007, my family and I went on a trip to Milan, Florence, and the hill towns of Tuscany and Umbria.  Here are a few of my food photos from that trip:

Bruschetta with (clockwise from top left) pate, roasted garlic, tomatoes, arugula and parmesan reggiano
Fresh pasta with rabbit sauce

Possibly octopus?

Prosciutto and pineapple

Ravioli

Port with cantucci


If you haven't travelled to Italy yet, you need to!  The food there is incredibly fresh and cannot be replicated outside of the country.  And the wine, wow....!

2 comments:

  1. This makes me want to go back to Italy!! I gained about 8 lbs on our honeymoon because we didn't deny ourselves at all! I wish I had tried some port while I was there though. Guess we'll just have to go back...:)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's not really Matt, I used used his google account to comment

    ReplyDelete