Let me tell you, they were AWESOME - adding olives, tomato paste, and feta to the meat made them moist and flavorful!
GREEK TO ME - I LOVE TURKEY... BURGERS (serves 2)
- 0.6 lbs ground turkey (half a 1.25lb package)
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 3 Tb tomato paste
- 6 heaping teaspoons of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tb olive oil mayonaisse
- 1/2 Tb pesto sauce
- tomato slices
- red onion slices
- 2 sour dough English muffins
- Light your grill - high heat.
- Mix together the mayo and pesto -set aside.
- Mix turkey, olives, and tomato paste (use your hands!).
- Divide the meat into 4 even sized pieces. Press all 4 pieces into thin patties on top of waxed paper (less than 1/2" thick).
- Add 3 heaping teaspoons of feta on top of 2 of the patties and spread it almost to the edges. Top each with the remaining patties and press them together, tightly.
- Grill burgers for 5 minutes on each side.
- Grill or toast English muffins.
- Assemble the burgers: muffin, burger, red onion slices, tomato slices, top muffin (with pesto mayo).