Sunday, February 5, 2012

What I'm Bringing to the Super Bowl Party

I LOVE buffalo wings!  I also love melty-cheesy dips.  The first time I tried this at a party, I knew it would become one of my entertaining staples.  This may not be the healthiest snack, but I'll be sharing with a whole party worth of people :-)  Its SOOO easy to make and only five ingredients!

Not the best picture - taken covertly at the party with my phone :-)

Buffalo Chicken Dip (serves a party)

 
Ingredients:
  • 2 large cans of chicken (depending on the brand, they're between 9.75 and 12 oz)
  • 8 oz softened cream cheese (leave out at room temp for about 2 hours to soften)
  • 1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing
  • 1/2-3/4 cup of Frank's Red Hot (depending on how spicy you want the dip to be)
  • 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)com
Steps:
  • Preheat oven to 350 F.
  • Open and drain the cans of chicken.
 
  • Add the first 4 ingredients plus 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese to a 9 inch glass pie pan or 1.5 quart casserole dish.  If you want the dip to have even more of a kick, add some cayenne!
  • Using a large serving spoon, combine the ingredients.  The back of the spoon is helpful for blending.
  • Spread the dip evenly in the dish.  Top with remaining cheese.
  • Bake for 20 minutes, or until melted and bubbly.
  • Serve with tortilla chips, and/or carrots and celery.
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment